The PID Controller checklist is used to do record the simulations of the PID controller response to the process variables and observe the manipulate variable action with different test inputs.
Also, it is used for loop tunning tests and note down the final P, I, D tuning values.
Attach printouts of trends for various tests, with final PID tuning values.
PID Controller Inspection Points
- Startup Test
- Input signal positive bump test
- Input signal negative bump test
- Bumpless auto-manual control transition
- Manual output capability
- Bumpless manual-auto control transition
- HMI graphic symbols, tag and units correct
- HMI equipment faceplate correct