Metal Sheathed Resistance thermometer
- It comprises of a thin-walled and flexible mineral insulated sheath cable made up of stainless steel.
- The cable contains low resistance inner wires made of copper embedded in pressed fireproof magnesium oxide.
- The temperature sensor is connected to the inner wires and fitted in a protective tube.
- Protective tube and sheathed cable are welded together hermetically.
- Good heat transfer between protective tube and temperature sensor allows fast response time and high measuring accuracies.
- The flexible probe tube allows temperature measurement at locations that are not easily accessible.
- They are used in difficult measurement application with strong vibrations as well as at all measuring positions where flexibility and ease of replacement are needed.
- Areas of application are to be found in chemical plants, power stations, motors, as well as in machine construction and building installation and in general industrial applications.