Zirconia oxygen analyzers Precaution steps

Zirconia oxygen analyzers, if operate at a high temperature close to 800°C. Therefore, please be aware that measurement may be impossible, or there may be adverse effects on sensor service life, in the following situations.

1. Oxygen analyzers cannot be used if the set-up atmosphere is an explosion-proof zone.
  2. If the measured gas contains flammable gas (i.e. methane, alcohol, carbon monoxide), it will cause a combustion reaction, and result in measurement error.
  3. Organic silica (used in sealing compounds etc.) will cause sensor degradation. (Our company’s findings indicate that this is the leading cause of degradation.)
  4. The sensor may degrade if the measured gas contains corrosive gas (i.e. fluorine-based gases, chlorine-based gases, sulfate-based gases) or poisonous substances (i.e. Si, Pb, P, Zn, Sn).
  5. If the measured gas intermittently contains a substance such as carbon monoxide with a high calorific value, the sensor will accumulate a heat history, and this will cause sensor malfunction due to problems such as platinum electrode peeling.
  6. If the measured gas contains large amounts of NOX, SOX or other corrosive gas, this will cause sensor malfunction due to problems such as platinum electrode peeling.
  7. At high temperatures, freon gas will cause an unpredictable reaction with oxygen, and this may result in measurement error.
  8. Water droplets, dust and mist will damage the sensor, shorten its service life, and cause errors.
  9. In general, these analyzers cannot be used with closed loops (circulating systems) unless they are specially designed for that purpose. The sensor may be damaged by excess pressure.

When measuring gases containing these substances, please remove those substances before supplying gas to the analyzer. For information on removal methods, please consult with the sales supervisor prior to purchase.