The following are the Advantages of Semiconductor Strain Gauge
- The gauge factor of semiconductor strain gauge is very high, about ±130.
- They are useful in measurement of very small strains of the order of 0.01 micro-strains
due to their high gauge factor.
- Semiconductor strain gauge exhibits very low hysteresis i.e., less than 0.05%.
- The semiconductor strain gauge has much higher output, but it is as stable as a metallic
- It possesses a high frequency response of 1012 Hz.
- It has a large fatigue life i.e., 10 x 106 operations can be performed.
- They can be manufactured in very small sizes, their lengths ranging from 0.7 to 7.0