Moving Member Flow Meters Principle

Another method of measuring the flow velocity in a duct or pipe is the special class of transducers called “moving member” meters.

These fall into two primary classifications,

  1. turbines and
  2. paddlewheels.

Both of these measure the velocity of the fluid in the tube or duct. What makes them different from other velocity measurement devices is that they employ a moving element to determine the flow, unlike the pitot tube and hot wire probes.